[Packtpub] Beginning Metasploit
Ultimate guide to getting started with the Metasploit Framework. Access and test your system’s security posture to reduce risk
Metasploit is a popular penetration testing framework and has one of the largest exploit databases around. It is an essential tool in the penetration tester’s arsenal.
This course teaches you the practical implementation of Metasploit. Each section will get you started with Metasploit by enumerating available services, identifying potential weaknesses, and testing vulnerabilities through exploitation. The course will show you how to correctly configure Metasploit and how to troubleshoot potential errors. You will scan the different services to identify vulnerabilities. Finally, you will explore sophisticated, real-world scenarios where performing penetration tests is a challenge.
By the end of this course, you will be able to use Metasploit to quickly assess the security structure of systems and networks to reduce risk.
Style and Approach
This course is packed with step-by-step instructions that are useful for people getting started with Metasploit. This easy-to-follow guide to learning Metasploit from scratch clearly explains all that you need to know about using this essential IT power tool.
What You Will Learn
- Use Metasploit to quickly assess the security posture of systems and networks to reduce risk
- Implement Metasploit to enumerate available services, identify potential weaknesses, and test vulnerabilities through exploitation
- Configure Metasploit and troubleshoot potential errors
- Scan the different services and identify vulnerabilities in your systems
- Perform real-life penetration testing on different targets using Metasploit
Table of Contents
- GETTING STARTED WITH METASPLOIT
- SCANNING SERVICES TO IDENTIFY VULNERABILITIES
- EXPLOITATION WITH METASPLOIT
- PERFORM POST-EXPLOITATION TECHNIQUES
- PENETRATION TESTING WITH METASPLOIT (REAL-LIFE EXAMPLES)
Created By Alexis Ahmed
Released Date October 31, 2018
Duration 2 hours 27 minutes
Size: 429.38 MB