[Packtpub] Scaling Web Apps with Cosmos DB
Build your application using multi-model, globally distributed database on MS Azure
Data is exploding all over the place and your application needs an update for its database. You need to accommodate incoming data without being involved in every small detail. Yes! You can do that with Azure Cosmos DB – the globally distributed, multi-model database service offered by Microsoft Azure to serve your applications on planet-scale. Azure Cosmos DB is a fast and flexible globally replicated database, well-suited for IoT, gaming, retail, and operational logging applications.
In this course, we’ll show you how to create and integrate your Azure Cosmos DB with the different NoSQL Databases. This course has got everything, from finding the right database for your data and your different workloads to the ease of administration, scalability, and SLA that you can rely on. With the click of a button, Azure Cosmos DB enables you to elastically and independently scale throughput and storage across any number of Azure’s geographic regions.
You’ll see how Cosmos DB is the best choice for your cloud database. With the skills we pass on, you’ll be able to solve challenges and problems such as fixing the database model, availability, scalability, latency, data schemas, and others. In no time, you’ll learn to build your application with Cosmos DB the best cloud database while minimizing your administration and maintaining your availability and scalability.
Style and Approach
Filled with demos, we’ll show you how to include the service in your developing application. We’ve included illustrative graphs and infographics to help you understand the topic easily, and use them as a reference later. No other course gives you a 360° view on all data services that you’ll be consuming on Azure.
What You Will Learn
• Gain hands-on experience with the Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB multi-model database
• Develop a high-scalable and highly-available database with Turn Key Global Distribution
• Integrate Azure Cosmos DB with your application no matter what kind of application you’re developing—Monolith application or Microservices
• Use the Document, key-valued Pair, graph, and column family NoSQL databases solutions irrespective of the database model you’re working with
• Import data or query directly to your database of choice using the Cosmos DB API and the implemented wire protocol
• Develop your NoSQL database with your programing language of choice—C# or SQL
• Work with automatic indexing and understand how it’s managed by your Cosmos DB service
Table of Contents
• WORKING WITH JSON DOCUMENTS IN AZURE COSMOS DB SQL API
• WORKING WITH AZURE COSMOS DB – TABLE STORAGE
• IMPLEMENTING GREMLIN GRAPH DATABASE WITH AZURE COSMOS DB
• INTEGRATING AZURE COSMOS DB API WITH MONGODB
• INTEGRATING AZURE COSMOS DB API WITH CASSANDRA DB
• HOW-TO’S AND QUICK FIXES
Author – TetraNoodle Technologies
Released Date – December 31, 2018
Duration – 1 hours 56 minutes
Size: 1.17 GB